INTRODUCTION DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
It is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines. Mechanical Engineering finds application in all fields of technology. This is why Mechanical trade called as an Evergreen branch. It is one of the primitive branches of Engineering which have remained always in demand and continue to be in the future.
Mechanical Engineering Department covers a host of subjects: properties of materials, strength of material, material processing, manufacturing, machine design, heat engine, refrigeration & air-conditioning, industrial engineering, robotics, instrumentation & controls, theory of machine, mechanical vibration, fluid mechanics, CAD/CAM and much more. To strengthen the above subjects the department comprises the Laboratories and Workshops well equipped with modern machine tools and related accessories.
Keeping itself up to date with the latest development and trends in the field with dedicated faculty of well qualified and experienced members in all streams of Mechanical Engineering, the department consistently strives to provide world class facilities for education. An interactive relationship is maintained between the student and staff which enables the students to develop a sound foundation in the stream in a conducive environment.
- Imparting mechanical engineering knowledge through trained faculty in conducive environment.
- Creating awareness about the needs of mechanical industries through alumni and industry-institute interactions
- Encouraging students to think innovatively and introduce them to various research activities.
- Supporting them to groom in all aspects like communication, interpersonal skills.
- Prepare effective and responsible graduate engineers for global requirements by providing quality education.
- Constantly strive to provide best lecture notes to student through college ERP system.
- Respond effectively to the needs of the industry and changing world.
- Mentor students to grow throughout their careers and to update their parents about their
- Prepare Engineering students for Successful careers.
PATHWAY AFTER MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Mechanical engineers play a vital role in varied industries such as automotive, manufacturing, automation, aerospace, biotechnology, computers and electronics, chemical, construction, energy conversion and more. A Mechanical Engineer can work in both private and public companies. The degree holders are required by many big firms both in India and abroad.
- Ashok Leyland
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Tata Motors
- PSUs such as BHEL, BPCL, DRDO, Indian Oil, GAIL, NTPC, SAIL,
- IT firms such as Infosys, TCS, Wipro, HCL, Tech Mahindra and also construction giants like L&T.
- Honda Maruti Suzuki
- Various construction giants like L&T
- Carrier Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Tata Steel
- Hero Motors