BACHELOR’S OF COMPUTER APPLICATION
INTRODUCTION DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING BACHELOR’S OF COMPUTER APPLICATION
The Bachelors of Computer Application (BCA) Program is run under the aiegis of Computer Science Engineering Department. The Computer Science Department was established in 2008 and is one of the biggest departments in the institute running UG and PG courses in Computer Science and Engineering. The department has qualified and experienced faculty and well equipped labs. The infrastructure includes over 300 computers, servers, networking equipment, printers etc. In addition to the academic courses, the CSE department also regularly conducts conferences, workshops, seminars, guest lectures and industry visits for the benefit of students and faculty. The computer science department teaches over 30 subjects every semester as a part of more than 10 UG and PG programmes in CSE as well other disciplines.
The Computer Applications department was established in 2018 and is currently running the Bachelor of Computer Applications course which is an undergraduate 3 year course in Computer Applications. In future, this is likely to be expanded to include Post Graduate courses in Computer Applications. The department has qualified and experiences faculty and well equipped labs. In addition to the academic courses, the CSE department also regularly conducts conferences, workshops, seminars, guest lectures and industry visits for the benefit of students and faculty. Activities like Group Discussions, Debates, Cultural Activities, Personality Development Programmes are also carried out for the holistic development of students.
We have a state- of- the art infrastructure to sustain research and teaching for BCA in Computer Science and Engineering Department. The programs focus is to teach students use of computers, basics of computer science and self sustained learning.
- Commitment to uphold high standards of teaching.
- Continue innovation in teaching methods.
- Commitment to carry out high quality research.
- Commitment towards community and the country for providing qualified resources and technology.
- Impart Moral Ethics to the students and make them better citizens of the world.
- To be the best Computer Science Department in the country for undergraduate course.
- To produce excellent Computer Science students who have the technical knowledge in the field of Computer Science and who can apply their knowledge for the benefit of business and society. The Department aims to carry out meaningful research in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Education: To provide a stimulating environment that encourages independent thinking and self learning
- Faculty: To have highly qualified faculty motivated to carry out innovative research and teaching.
PATHWAYS AFTER BACHELORS OF COMPUTER APPLICATION
Those Students who love programming and coding for them Software developer is an appropriate field. Recruitments are offered in various software companies .The primary role in the Software department will be to apply the knowledge of Mathematics and Science to design and develop software to be used by the clients and other users.
After completing your BCA, Students can take up jobs in the Software department which includes:
- Software Developer
- Software Tester
- Database Designer
- Database Administrator
- Website Developer
- Website Designer
- Mobile Expert
- Software Support Analyst Some of the most famous Software recruiters include Google, Flipkart, IBM, Facebook, Toshiba, Dell, HP, HCL, Adobe etc.
Information Security Professional
After BCA, you can take up jobs in the Information security as well. Information Security is a very dynamic field, which is not very old, but one of the most important from the future’s perspective. You will have a very promising future, as this sector is attracting a lot of new talent. In this department, you can pursue your job as a Certified Ethical 1-lacker (CEH) and ComoTIA Security.
Mobile Application Developer
Every business industry today is planning to diversify and expand its services through mobile applications. These mobile apps are created by mobile app developers. If you have a BCA degree in Computer Science and possess programming skills too, then mobile app development is a great opportunity to embark on a career makeover. As market demand surges for apps running on iOS, Android, as an IT professional you need to be skilled in Java, C, C++, and native app development.
- NEC Corporation
- ASUSTEK Computer Inc
- Dell Inc
- Acer Inc