Educational Qualification: Ph.D (IIT, Roorkee)
Area of Interest:
- Wastewater and Sludge Treatment
- Aerobic, Anaerobic and Natural Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Decentralized Wastewater Treatment
- Solid Waste Management
Experience: 3 years teaching in NIT Jalandhar and NIT Hamirpur
Reviewer of journals
- Journal of Hazardous Materials (Elsevier publisher)
- Journal of Ecological Engineering (Elsevier publisher)
- Saudi Journal of Biological Science (Elsevier publisher)
- Environment, Development and Sustainability (Springer publisher)
- Journal of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Development (IWA)
- Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (Elsevier publisher)
- International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation (Elsevier publisher)
- Environmental Technology (Taylor & Francis)
- Associate Member of Institution of Engineers India
- Former student member of Indian Water Works Association
- Kumar, T., Singh, N., Prasad, K.S.H. (2016). “Substrate removal kinetics and performance assessment of a vermifilter bioreactor under organic shock load conditions” Water Science and Technology. 74(5):1177-84.
- Kumar, T., Rajpal A., Arora, S., Bhargava R., Prasad, K.S.H. (2016). “A comparative study on vermifiltration using epigeic earthworm Eisenia fetida and Eudrilus eugeniae”. Desalination and Water Treatment. 57(14), 6347-54.
- Kumar, T., Bhargava, R., Prasad, K.S.H., Pruthi, V. (2015). “Evaluation of vermifiltration process using natural ingredients for effective wastewater treatment”. Ecol. Eng. 75, 370-377.
- Kumar, T., Rajpal A., Bhargava R., Prasad, K.S.H. (2014). “Performance evaluation of vermifilter at different hydraulic loading rate using river bed material”. Ecol. Eng. 62, 77-82.
- Rajpal, A., Bhatia, A., Arora, S., Kumar, T., Kazmi, A.A., Chopra, A.K. (2014). “Co-treatment of organic fraction of municipal solid waste (OFMSW) and sewage by vermireactor”. Eng. 73, 154-161
- Arora, S., Rajpal A., Kumar, T., Bhargava R., Kazmi, A.A. (2014). “Pathogen removal during wastewater treatment by vermifiltration”. Environmental technology. 35(19). 2493-2499.
- Arora, S., Rajpal A., Kumar, T., Bhargava R., Kazmi, A.A. (2014). “A comparative study for pathogen removal using different filter media during vermifiltration”. Water Science and Technology. 70 (6), 996-1003.
- Rajpal, A., Bhargava, R., Chopra, A.K., Kumar, T. (2013). “Vermistabilization and Nutrient Enhancement of Anaerobic Digestate through Earthworm Species Perionyx Excavates and Perionyx Sansibaricus”. Material Cycle and Waste Management. 16(2), 219-226.
- Arora, S., Rajpal A., Kumar, T., Bhargava R. (2013). “Vermifiltration: a low-cost and sustainable alternative for Wastewater Treatment”. Int. J. of Environmental Research and Development. 3(2), 33-36.
- Arora, S., Rajpal, A., Bhargava, R., Kumar, T. (2013). “An Eco-friendly and Innovative Technology for Wastewater Treatment”. Int. J. of Environmental Science: Development and Monitoring. 4(2), 35-37.
- Bhargava, R., Verma, J., Hari Prasad, K.S., Kumar, T. (2012). “Decentralized waste water treatment by vermifiltration using river bed material”, International conference of sustainable built environment. 14-16 December 2012, Kandy, Sri Lanka http://dl.lib.mrt.ac.lk/handle/123/8999.
- Singh D., Kumar T., James B.E., Hanifa M. (2018). “Utilization of MSWI ash for geotechnical applications: A Review”. International Conference on Environmental Geotechnology, Recycled Waste Materials and Sustainable Engineering. 29-31 March 2018, Jalandhar, India.