DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION
The department of ECE envisions to become a centre of world class excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering. It will periodically refresh to reflect the cutting edge technologies of the industry in the global market. The vision of the department is to produce creative engineers those who can address the global challenges and excel at an International level.
Our programs have co-requirements to assure that our graduates & post graduates have thorough training in logical and critical reasoning needed for continuing intellectual growth.
The mission of the department of ECE is to provide the students an environment of academic freedom that will ensure the exchange of ideas and the dissemination of knowledge in this discipline through effective teaching. It infuses the scientific temper in the students towards the research in Electronics and communication engineering. It strives to establish incubation centre for research in Micro electronics, Embedded Systems, Communications and Signal Processing with an offer for consultancy services to industries.
- To train students with analytical and design skills in electronics and communication systems applicable to industries, R&D labs and institutions involving space communications and defence electronics.
- To strengthen the basic knowledge in mathematical science and applied science with orientation in engineering applications
- To develop overall personality and character with team spirit, professionalism, integrity, moral and ethical values with the support of humanities, social sciences and physical educational courses.
- To familiarize with management and marketing skills with changing economic structure at global level.
- To equip the students with laboratory training leading to solving real life practical problems and project analysis of electronics and communication systems through case-studies, seminars, mini-projects and main projects.
- To develop a sense for societal and corporate responsibility through cultural and techno-managerial activities.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
Educational objectives of the Programs of the ECE Department are to graduate individuals:-
- Having strong background in basic science and basic mathematics and able to use these tools in their own engineering field.
- Able to pinpoint and define engineering problems in the fields of electronics and communication engineering.
- Able to employ necessary techniques, hardware, and communication tools for modern engineering applications.
- Able to solve problems through analytical thinking in their own or related fields.
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Able to follow and contribute to the developments in their own field recognizing the significance of lifelong learning.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Having strong ethical and professional responsibility and adhering to quality.
- Able to take individual responsibility and to work as a part of a team.
- Technical papers have been presented by the faculty members in various national and international conferences.
- Regular credit courses on advanced topics are run to supplement the curriculum.
- Participation of students in international competitions.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science & generic engineering skills and core knowledge of electronics and telecommunication to practical engineering systems
- Identify, formulate and solve electronics & communication engineering problems using appropriate tools and standards of electronics and telecommunication engineering.
- Design electronic systems, components or processes to meet desired needs within realistic constraints considering social, cultural and public health issues.
- An ability to investigate complex problems and use appropriate research methodologies, including design and conduct of experiments, and to analyze and interpret data to provide conclusions.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, societal context and sustainability.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behavior.
- Function as an individual or leader in multidisciplinary teams in projects implementation.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing and make presentations.
- Engage in life–long learning and adapt to rapidly changing technologies
- Demonstrate knowledge & understanding of project management and finance and apply these to projects as individual, team member or leader.
Interactive Lectures provide strategies and specific examples of techniques and activities designed to involve students in large and small lecture–based classes.PPT and Videos provide a platform for incorporating a variety of multi–media file–types: images, audio, and animations which make the teaching-learning more effective.
Effectiveness of these methods is reflected in the form of academic results, Placements, Admission to higher studies in India and abroad, Quality of projects done, Participation of the students in technical paper presentation.
Indirect assessment of content delivery methods by gathering feedback from the students helps to determine the effectiveness of teaching methods.